These are my 140 characters or less web bizz tips for the week, that I first post on Twitter, then blog here.
Let me know if you want something expanded by leaving a comment.
1. A prospect needs to sense credibility before making a buying decision, credibility is built up overtime, no short cut.
2. Build mechanisms to bring prospects back. Newsletters and free courses work well, so do forums and other interactive social elements.
3. Use persuasive copy which reinforces the user benefits, not how great you or product is. How will your product benefit a persons life?
4. Get a dedicated IP, forget shared hosting. Make sure your ISP gives you an IP address which is not appearing on blacklists or such.
6. Check your site load speed, if it is less that ultra rapid you will be loosing surfers period.
7. Have more text than pretty pictures, search engines can’t understand pretty pictures, but they love text, like a hungry pac man.
8. Actively seek out in-bound links, make it part of your weekly routine, ensure the target keyword phrase is in the anchor text.
9. Don’t waste your time with time wasters, are you here to work or fuck about?
10. Publish content daily ensuring that the url, title and H1 are the keywords you are targeting.
Stay tuned for more tips, you can always subscribe to my feed with your email address, put it in the wee box on the right.