I decided to write this page for me as much as any other reason, I’m in danger of forgetting dates.
It is a work in progress … I’ll remember more soon, promise.
2012 – Current
- Became a joint owner and Director of a boat hire business and re-launched the company as Falmouth Boat Hire
- Joined a blues / rock band, the Bare Knuckle Blues Band
- Worked with various PR agencies on social media related pitches and projects including London 2012
- Spoke at the KBA annual conference on the subject of “Customer Engagement”
- Completed a formal “buy-out” relationship with SAE Institute
- Delivered multiple training events in SEO and Social Media at London, Berlin, New York
- Organised and hosted international conference SMiB09 : “Social Capital“
- Organised and hosted MediaCampLondon4
- Incorporated Audana Ltd - A consultancy for SEO, Web Marketing, Strategy, SEM, Community Development, Mobile Solutions, Events
- Organised and hosted international conference SMiB09 : “Conversation Matters“
- Launched Social Media in Business
- Worked with SAE Institute successfully invented and led the development of their Online offering
- Organised MediaCampLondon3
- Continued the development of the Social Media Mafia with various national and international events
- Re-branded the ACHUB as the Social Media Mafia – a group focussed on facilitating critical thinking, amiably
- Sold my start-up Audiocourses, and saw it through a merger – which became http://online.sae.edu (I built that, the lot)
- Began consulting for SAE Institute
- Began guest writing for Girly Geekdom
- Nominated and voted onto the Interim Board of Directors for Social Media Club
- Lead organiser for MediaCampLondon2, MediaCampBucks – the free unconference series.
- Supported and aided the development of MediaCampSicilia and MediaCampRoma
- Lead organiser for Social Media in Business a one day conference in Buckinghamshire.
- Coca Cola – worked with Crayon Marketing on the SecondLife Coca Cola Virtual Thirst campaign. Developed a prototype “dance machine” and served on the advisory board
- Ended a formal relationship with Buckinghamshire New University, maintain strong links
- Lead organiser for MediaCampBucks
- Launched ACHUB – a community focussed on events and immersive environments
- External examiner for Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT) Reviewing partnership arrangements and validating 6 BSc (Hons) Technology courses in conjunction with Staffordshire University.
- Authored BSc Audio for the Moving Image.
- Invited and sat on entrepreneurial committee for Buckinghamshire Chilterns University.
- Emigrated back to UK
- Senior Lecturer for Buckinghamshire Chilterns Univeristy
- Programme Manager for BSc Music Technology
- Started formal relationship with Buckinghamshire Chilterns University (re-branded BNU) as Senior Lecturer and led audio department and the development of BSc Technology Degrees in music and moving image
- Launched The Phone Cam – a community portal for mobile phone photographs
- Played rugby seriously for Cesano Boscone (Milan)
- Emigrated to Italy for the second time
- Finished a formal relationship with Truro College
- Ported the City & Guilds Sound Engineering courses for on-line delivery
- Launched the world’s first online school for sound engineering and music production
- Completed a Masters degree in Open and Distance Education
- Started reading for a Masters degree in Open and Distance Education with the Open University
- Authored the HND Sound Engineering & Multimedia Integration for Truro College validated through Plymouth University.
- Left the Royal Navy early, under the premise of being a pacifistic which is slightly accurate (that or Bi-Polar)
- Turned down a band contract for The Liberty, we were arrogant and thought we were better than the offer.
- Joined the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm and became a helicopter technician specialising in radio and communications.
- Got a job in a guitar shop as a guitar technician and shop assistant. Enjoyed getting to know all the local musicians and hearing the local gossip, and jammin away.
- Decided to go into the 6th Form of school to study A Levels, (post 16 is not compulsory in UK), lasted 2.5 days and decided that I’d rather get a job and make some money, so I did.
- A piano arrived in the house and I started some piano lessons with smiling Eunice, she was very well endowed which kept my young teenage interest levels in the piano and theory of music high!
- Uncle Tony (Jumbo pilot and Founder of DX Owners club) dropped off a Yamaha CX5 which meant it was game over for anything other than music as a career for me.
- I picked up Dad’s guitar (he was in a skiffle group) and learnt “House of The Rising Sun”. Following this the flood gates opened to learning more chords, listening to his large record collection.
- I was Born