Ronna turned me on to this idea of posting some tips about how to be successful without launching a marketing blog. I twittered these really quickly and it seems they were popular, which means I should blog that and share it with you too.
1. create an infinite responder series of tips.. as a means of capturing a prospects email address.
2. Visit on topic forums in your niche(s) and become an authority in that channel.
3. actively take part in helping people find job through networks like LinkedIn, especially in your field.
4. publish a few ebooks which a price of zero attached, and encourage them to be distributed.
5. email is still THE method for the masses and will be in future. Run a newsletter, targetting your prospects as tightly as possible
6. pay close attention to SEO, and sift through your site access logs, build content around what people are searching you for.
7. say NO a lot to link exchanges, out-bound links to bad neighborhoods will cripple you
8. invest in a dedicated server with 24/7 live support
9. have tiered products and prices, and up-sale all the way from the free ebooks to the crown jewels.. slow buy in.
10. don’t become a snob or fool yourself into thinking you are an expert, you are not. Influence doesn’t carry far.. google does